Presented by Robert J. Daigle, BA, RVT, FSVU, FSDMS
This enduring material is designed to provide an introduction to the evaluation of lower extremity venous insufficiency and pre-operative mapping protocols for venous interventional techniques. In addition, an overview of pre-operative assessment of the superficial venous system for potential use as an arterial conduit is included.
Sonographers, physicians and other medical professional performing and/or interpreting vascular ultrasound. Participants may include, but are not limited to, those working in: Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Radiology, and General/Vascular Surgery.
After viewing this video presentation, the participant should be able to:
1. Define the anatomy and pathophysiology associated with venous insufficiency
2. State routine protocols for duplex/color evaluation of venous insufficiency
3. Implement routine protocols for pre and post-operative mapping for venous interventional techniques
4. State the implications, applications, contraindications, risk factors, and clinical outcomes associated with common venous therapy techniques
5. Demonstrate knowledge to perform and/or interpret venous insufficiency duplex/color examinations
Release date 04/29/2016. Approved for credit through: 04/29/2019
1.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits available. See CME INFORMATION link on Home Page.
Ship Wt. 1 lb.