This enduring material is designed to provide an introduction to lower extremity venous anatomy and duplex/color flow imaging. The presentation also contains video case studies.
Sonographers, physicians, and other medical professional performing and/or interpreting non-invasive vascular testing for lower extremity venous disease. Participants may include, but are not limited to, those working in Internal Medicine, Family Practice, Primary Care, Critical Care, Emergency Medicine, Cardiology, Radiology, General/Vascular Surgery..
Upon completion of this enduring material , you should be able to accomplish the following:
1. Evaluate and identify lower extremity venous anatomy
2. State normal and abnormal venous Doppler characteristics
3. Identify and assess Doppler findings associated with venous reflux
4. Implement routine scan protocols for performing an lower extremity venous evaluation
5. Differentiate sonographic characteristics of acute vs. chronic DVT
6. Identify non-thrombotic causes of leg pain and swelling.
• Lower Extremity Venous Anatomy & Physiology
• Vascular Hemodynamics
• Clinical History and Symptoms
• Normal/Abnormal Imaging
• Calf Vein Imaging
• Duplex/Color characteristics
• Venous Insufficiency
• Case Studies
Release date 5/27/2016. Approved for CME credit through 5/27/2019.
2.0 AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits available. See CME INFORMATION link on Home Page.
Ship Wt. 1 lb.