Presented by Robert J. Daigle, BA, RVT, RVS, FSVU, FSDMS.
This enduring material is designed to provide an introduction to the color/duplex ultrasound evaluation of aneurysms, pseudo-aneurysms and ultrasound evaluation of arterial bypass grafts.
Sonographers, physicians and other medical professionals involved with performing and/or interpreting non-invasive vascular testing for arterial disease and bypass grafts. Physician participants may include, but are not limited to, those working in Internal Medicine, Cardiology, Radiology, and General/Vascular Surgery.
• Evaluation of aortic aneurysm
• Popliteal aneurysm
• Thrombin injection surveillance techniques
• Evaluation of lower extremity arterial bypass grafts
Upon completion of this video activity, you should be able to accomplish the following:
• Cite the sonographic appearance of an abdominal aortic and popliteal aneurysm;
• List the diagnostic criteria for aneurysm evaluation;
• List the etiology of pseudo-aneurysm;
• Recognize the duplex/color characteristics associated with pseudoaneurysm;
• List the treatment options for pseudo-aneurysm, bypass grafts and stents
• State the various types of arterial bypass grafts
• Outline protocols & diagnositic criteria for duplex/color evaluation of arterial bypass grafts and stents
Release date 11/20/2015. This edition valid for credit through: 11/20/2018
1.0 AMA PRA cat.1 CME credits available. See CME INFORMATION link on Home Page.
Ship Wt. 1 lb.