Presented by: Phillip J Bendick PhD, RVT, FSVU, FSDMS
Produced by Gulfcoast Ultrasound Institute
This enduring material is designed to provide an overview carotid duplex/color flow imaging techniques to include normal and abnormal color and spectral Doppler waveform characteristics, routine measurements and case presentations. The participant will be able to apply current diagnostic criteria to evaluate carotid stenosis and other associated abnormalities.
Upon completion of this enduring material, you should be able to accomplish the following:
• Identify normal and abnormal Doppler waveforms for all the extracranial cerebrovascular vessels - CCA, ECA, ICA and Vertebral.
• Integrate all imaging, color Doppler and spectral Doppler data to determine the diagnosis of carotid stenosis.
• Determine valid means to select the most appropriate carotid stenosis criteria for diagnosis.
• Hemodynamic effects of stenosis.
• Diagnostic criteria: peak systolic velocity, end-diastolic velocity.
• ICA/CCA ratio: what do the numbers mean?
•Documentation required by IAC for vascular lab accreditation.
• The final report
1.5 AMA PRA Category 1 CME credits, (Extra fee required for CME processing). See Home Page for link to CME information.
Date of Original Release: 10/27/2014. This edition is valid for credit through: 10/27/2017.
Length approximately 61 minutes.
ISBN_978-1-940954-33-2 Ship Wt. 1 lb